Monday, January 14, 2013

The Front Closet

Here is the really BEFORE picture....

Here is a BEFORE of our front closet (we had already laid the floor, painted the walls and put in the new light fixtures in the hallway by this point.  The closet just hadn't been touched yet.).  The closet had bi-fold doors and we took those down.  It had a white shelf in there and that's about it.  We wanted to make it a little prettier and a little more useful.

I took a few pictures with my phone as the guys were working on it.  Mark and Peyton working hard!



I came up with the design and colors, etc. and Mark built everything for me.  I found the barn wood in our barn and the hooks were from Anthropology (LOVE that place! :).  Everything was custom!  He did a great job! ;)  The walls were painted grey and the bench and shelf were painted white.


I took this picture during Christmas, so I still had all our Christmas cards hung up! :)

I bought the pillow from etsy.  LOVE IT!

I got a lot of the items on the shelf from our barn, but some of the picture frames I bought from etsy.  They are reclaimed tin ceiling made into frames.  The big tin ceiling I got from our barn.  I found that piece of old wood in our barn and painted "Love" on it. :)


I think that's it!  I love how it turned out and it makes our entryway look so much more inviting. ;)  It's very useful for guests coats and it blends in nicely with our living room and kitchen area.
What a talented husband I have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment